PhotoPrint is a utility designed to assist in the
process of printing
digital photographs under Linux and other UNIX-like operating systems.
PhotoPrint is Free Software, released under the terms of the GNU
General Public License. The full license is available for
your convenience 0.3.9 is still available here, but newer versions
will, from now on, be released at
the new site
do the following:
- Print photographs 1-up, 2-up, 4-up or with any
user-selectable number of rows and columns.
- Create posters, split over several pages.
- Arrange images into a sort of Carousel, fading from one to
another. (Ideal for CD labels)
- Crop images to fit a specific frame.
- Apply a decorative border to an image.
- Make use of ICC colour profiles to provide accurate output.
- Send 16-bit data to the printer, to avoid "contouring"
problems in smooth gradients.
To compile and
run PhotoPrint you will need:
of course, you need GCC and all the appropriate -devel
- Gutenprint 5.0.0 or later
- GTK+ 2.4 or later
- CUPS (optional)